How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Techdesk Your Own Question
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 16409
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Techdesk is online now


Customer Question


I have a BAUMATIC HHC605 HYPERSPEED ZONE CERAMIC HOB. Unfortunately, yesterday it stopped working completely.The item is 3 years old and is not covered by guarantee. What parts do you think I may need to purchase in order to fix it? Is there a fuse in the unit which may have blown? There is 230V ac to the unit, but there are no lights visible whatsoever

many thanks

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.
To confirm the diagnosis you would need to have, and be able to use, a multimeter.

You need to test for continuity on live, neutral and earth into the appliance.

If you have continuity on the cable and you are sure there is power getting into the appliance, then the power board has failed.

You would need to obtain and fit a new power board to get the appliance to light up again.
Assuming there are no other faults on the appliance, this will have it working.

Copy and paste the following to find a supplier of the part

You do need to open up the hob and check the existing board, see if it's obviously damaged.

If you confirm power to the board, then it's failed.
Also check the display board for damage.

There is no fuse shown in the technical drawings for the machine.
It's also unusual to have one, so I don't think there is one here.

Check it out, see how you get on and get back to me if you need more help.

Obviously, if you cannot do the work yourself, you'll need someone in to do it for you.

Hope this helps