How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Your Own Question
Michael, Customer Service
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 9568
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Michael is online now

I have a newhome 1000 edl electric cooker. the large hotplate

switch has become dislodged and... Show More
switch has become dislodged and is causing it to trip. How do I get into the back of the switch to resecure it?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Show Less
Ask Your Own Appliance Question
Michael, Customer Service
Satisfied Customers: 9568
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
replied 4 years ago.
Hi I will check to see if a manual is available for this.
How old is your cooker?
Thank you
Tech Michael
Customer reply replied 4 years ago.

about 10 yrs old

Michael, Customer Service replied 4 years ago.
I dont know what happened but to replace the switch.
Its best to get the new one first. I have seen so many people remove the old switch and cant remember how to wire the new one lol;-)
That is a nightmare, believe me because the newer switches may be slightly different with regards to the pin outs.
I will help you in any case all the way through this.
To replace the switch I will tell you that the top needs to come off and then all will be revealed;-)
I will help you in any way I can.
Do you have the new switch or would you like for me to locate the best source near you for that part?
since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you
Tech Michael
Satisfied Customers: 6
replied 4 years ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at [email protected] and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. ( Thank you, The JustAnswer Customer Support Team.