How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Your Own Question
Michael, Customer Service
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 9568
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Michael is online now

Ive replaced the water filter Insinkterator F701r but it is

This answer was rated:

I've replaced the water filter Insinkterator F701r but it is leaking
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
I have seen this many times. Either one of two things here, either it isn't fully seated. But usually it is a bad seal. You can get a new seal and I will help you replace that. Its easy don't worry, if you need my help please let me know.
they usually fail when you disturb them after a long time of use.
If you let me know your state and town, I can help you with the best place to get that seal;-)
Since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you XXXXX

Thank you
Tech Michael
Michael and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks Michael I live in North London should I try suppliers of Insinkerator parts here? Also do you know the approximate cost of the seals please.

Thank you.

Hi yes you can get that locally. As for the cost its not very much at all;-)
Have a great day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Michael, have been trying to purchase the seal you mentioned and don't seem to be having much luck. Could you please advise what it looks like and whereabouts it is located in order for me to remedy the leak asap. I have taken of the filter and replaced it and the tap is now dripping continually. Many thanks for your help.

Kind regards.

Hi the dripping tap would be a different issue. But where exactly on the insinkerator is the water dripping from?
The best way to tell is to wipe it dry from the top sown and then look at it carefully with a good light source and let me know if the leak is up top or on a pipe connected to it.
Thank you
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Okay, I've done that and its coming from a pipe connected to it at connection point just a small amount now, not dripping. Thanks.

Thanks Heather,
So is it from the drain pipe, or where it connects to the sink?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It's a clear plastic tube that connects to the filter direct from the mains water supply. I'm not very good at this, sorry.

Hi Heather your fine, That is a small tube, in order to stop this leak you will need to visit a local store for that seal, you may need to replace the whole tube but its not much;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Wonderful, will do that and let you know how I get on. Thanks so much for your help. Heather.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry, forgot to ask about the leaking tap, would you be able to help me with this too?

thank you.

Hi Heather yes with that you would likely do best to replace the entire spigots at the sink But how old is that? You can get a repair kit for that as well, but there are a bunch of tiny parts that would need to be replaced to fix this. I will help you if you want to go that route?
But since that is a different question you can try re rating on that, if that doesn't work, you would need to start or open a new question, but if that happens, set the heading as Michael can you help me so I will know its you;-)
Thank you Heather.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Okay, thanks Michael, will need to discuss with my husband what we should do as they are over 6-7 yrs old.

Hi Thanks Heather, I will be here for you to help in any way I can, you could replace the whole thing as well.
Have a great day and please keep me posted Heather!
Tech Michael