KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years

Whirlpool AWM 325 Hello, the problem is when I select a wash

Customer Question

Whirlpool AWM 325
Hello, the problem is when I select a wash cycle the Machine starts to fill, then after about 10 seconds stops before it reaches the correct level, if I switch off and then on again it will start but stops again, I've changed the water inlet valve with a spare one I had, and I've checked the motor brushes, it has a sticky door interlock, which needs the usual slam and it sometimes won't come open, any suggestions please.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

It seems that the pressure switch is stuck or will have to unplug the appliance and then take the top off the unit, the pressure switch which can be identified by a thin tube attached to it...take off the tube and then blow as hard you can, make sure the hose is clean and then with a screw driver give good tap on them so everything is cleaned...after this try to run a cycle, if the problem remains then it can be due to faulty pressure switch or a defective control board

KevinWhiteJA :

Please don't rate the solution till the time you are completely satisfied...If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

JACUSTOMER-13svex2e- : Kevin I tried what you said took off the tube and made sure it is clear I also blew it back into the drum and into the pressure switch , it appears to be clicking and I can see a leaf connector moving inside the switch, can the switch be tested for continuity, ?
KevinWhiteJA :

have you also tried to tap on the switch with a screw driver ?

KevinWhiteJA :

very likely the problem is with the pressure switch or the control board itself

JACUSTOMER-13svex2e- : Yes I tried tapping it still the same anything else I can try.
KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it ? Do you hear any different sounds from the washer ?

JACUSTOMER-13svex2e- : Kevin, it's over 10 yrs, nearer 15 I think, it's been a good machine I've always been able to fix it, but I think the if the programmer or board has gone, it's time for the cemetery, thanks for the good info, ta
KevinWhiteJA :

Well looking at the age of the unit and also after whatever you have already done it is probably the board that is bad

KevinWhiteJA :

and yes better to buy a new one as replacing the board will cost around £190

KevinWhiteJA :

Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks