Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.

I have a neff hthb86k microwave / combi oven. Its suddenly

I have a neff hthb86k microwave / combi oven. It's suddenly started beeping at me and telling me there is a memory fault. Any way I can sort this out, or do I need an engineer to visit?
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.
Can you tell me, when it beeps is there any error code or just the memory message?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just the memory message

Hi Paul

Unfortunately this may be a main board error.

The only thing that is worth trying yourself, is to disconnect the power to the microwave for at least 30 minutes, then retry it.
It may just need to be reset in this way.

If this does not work then I am afraid, due to the complex nature of the electronics, its not possible to test the board yourself.

The board will be expensive, sorry.

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email