Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP
its a prescot merseyside L 35 2XW
CHIM 90 Black
The bulb is just a candle small screw cap (max 40W)
Would there be any reason for the fitting to have failed, none of the wires are loose, i have checked the switch and it seems ok
yes have tried that - still doesnt work.
i have traced the wires back to the switches. All the wiring appears ok, but on the back of the circuit board i can see a copper circuit line which appears to connect the light switch to the live connection - a large part of this copper circuit has fallen off, there is also some scorch marks on the plastic cover near the switch for the light - so it looks like there has been some sort of shorting in the circuit.
Do you know can these switches be purchased or am i looking at an electrician to repair the circuit?
thanks soldering is beyond the limits of my capabilities i am afraid, time to call someone