How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rob Your Own Question
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 6991
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Rob is online now

I have a Creda double oven cooker model no 48197 the light

This answer was rated:

I have a Creda double oven cooker model no 48197 the light in the control panel is not working. How do I remove the control panel to change the bulb
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

This is actually way more complicated than you might think, it includes having to take the side panels off.

If you want I can try to type up some instructions, or you may prefer to live without the flourescent tube??

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Please will you inform me how to remove side panels and access control panel light
Hi Cruse

Please give me a few minutes while i type it up for you


You have to remove both side panels from the cooker.
These are be held by 3 small screws at the front,behind the oven doors, and another 3 at the rear.
Then, the panels slide back approx 1 inch.
From this position, they simply come off.
Once these are off, you need to remove the screws holding on the hob.
There should be 2 at the rear, just below the spacer.
These unscrew vertically.
A further 2 screws hold the hob in place.
These are located near to the front on both sides, these are only now exposed with the side panels removed.
Remove these, then simply lift the hob up.
Do not remove it completely, simply move it back a little and let it sit there
You will now see a metal plate with 2 groups of wires going into it.
It is held on with 4 screws, 2 on either side.
Remove these and the bulb is attached to the rear of this metal plate.
The bulb is a F13W/35 fluorescent.

If you need more help, please just ask.
In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email

Rob and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you