Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.

We have a Bosch Logix Varioperfect washing machine, can you

We have a Bosch Logix Varioperfect washing machine, can you advise on error code 18
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Can you tell me when this error showed up?
Did it leave wter in the machine?

Can you also give me the full model / Enr from the data plate in the door recess please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The only information written on the front is ' Bosh Logic XX9 VarioPerfect'.

Door will not open to view plate

The error code appeared on the rinse cycle and the water did not drain.

Hi Paul

Thanks, ***** ***** !

Are you able to pull the machine out and get access to the waste hose?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

got the machine out

Hi Paul

Lower the waste hose into a shallow bowl.
Water will flow. Raise the hose to stop the flow.
Continue till no more water flows.
Put towels down and put bowl under filter. SLOWLY undo filter, be ready to push back in and tighten.
Continue till no more water comes out.

Remove filter completely, there will almost certainly be something in there like a coin, which has stopped the machine from draing and giving you the error code.

Remove clothes and refit filter.
Try machine on rinse and spin after reconnecting hose. All should nopw be OK

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Rob, Thank you very much for your help but due to my wife loosing the instructions and my limited knowledge of washing machines I haven't got a clue where to find the filter so on this occassion I am going to call an expert to come around and fix it, which is what I originally suggested to 'she who must be obeyed', but women being women, well, they just like to make our life's complicated and stressfull. But where would we be without them? Enjoy the rest of your day. Paul

Hi Paul

I understand !!

Please dont forget to rate my answer though, as this is the only way I get credit for helpin you today