Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

I have a bosch excel tumbledryer. When I close the door and

I have a bosch excel tumbledryer. When I close the door and push the on button it just bleeps and won't start. Is it just a problem with the door lock?

Can you post the model number please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

E-Nr. WTE84307GB/05 FD 8709 202429

Thanks for that. Are you getting any flashing lights or signs on the display?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The timer lights up, and the start button lights up. When start is pressed it just beeps

Ok if its just not starting and your not getting any error codes then its either the door lock itself or the control board.

What you need to do is remove the top and then the right hand side panel.
From there you should be able to access the door switch. You need to remove this and test it as its a microswitch on there and make sure its switching over when in the locked position.

If the door lock is fine then im afraid its looking like the control board may be the issue here.

But check the door lock first and see what you find and let me know.