Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

why would my fridge/freezer freeze on left hand side only

Can you post the model number please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok so its only the freezer side you are having a fault with?

If so if you remove the baskets inside the freezer do you see any ice or frost on the back wall?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is not the freezer, it is the fridge..on the left hand saide

Ok if its the fridge section thats freezing up then what you will find is the thermostat is the fault on this.

Then thermostat controls the cooling on this and if its getting to cold then its down to the thermostat not switching the compressor off and it will cause it to freeze inside the fridge.

So to cure this you will need to replace the thermostat and that should sort it out.