How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 17410
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Daniel is online now

how to hard wire a Neff t51d86x2 induction hob

This answer was rated:

how to hard wire a Neff t51d86x2 induction hob

Do you already have the 42 amp cooker spur and switch?

Is this a swap over for an old hob?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no to both questions


Ok what you need to do is run a 42 amp spur from your RCD unit to the kitchen and put a switch on the wall.
Then from the switch you need to run another spur to under the hob.
So when you get the hob you can wire it up to the spur and control it from the switch.

But as you dont have the cooker spur in the kitchen then you need to get an electrician in to do this for you as it must be done by a qualified electrician as with it being a hob it drawers quite a bit of current so it will need the correct RCD fitted and the correct size cable which should be 6mm twin and earth.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Daniel and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you