George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair

Have an AEG FAVORIT 50760 i dishwasher which has stopped heating

Have an AEG FAVORIT 50760 i dishwasher which has stopped heating up the water or drying the dishes. No error message shows up on the control panel, so I am wondering if the heating element is broken. Is the machine too old to get spares for and is it a job I can do?
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** are two possible causes:

1. The heater relay on the control board has lost connection on one of its legs and requires resoldering.

2. The heater element is defective - HEATER 230V 2000W D 32MM DISHWASHER Part Nr #50297618006

Both of these jobs are relatively easy to do and can be done by the layman providing a little common sense and DIY skills are available

So far not had much success and didn't find it easy!

George-Allsorts :

I can talk you through the procedure if you wish?

George-Allsorts :

Can you supply the PNC from the label down the side of the door please and I'll try access some printed material for you.

Was busy elsewhere. Tried to get at the control board (followed but could not release and open the control panel to check for either a burn mark or loose connection. Then tried to check the heater element to see if it looked the same as the part number you quoted. Found a source and picture at but wanted to check they looked similar. I know Electrolux own AEG but ..... In order to try find the heater, I took off the lower cover at the front, couldn't see where it was, then checked out and decided it was way above my skill level. I know youtube was showing a different model of AEG but figured they would have used the same basic design. Having recoiled in horror, I decided to replace the dishwasher as I may be throwing good money after bad, not being entirely sure what was wrong, but being entirely sure it was beyond me. Wished I had talked to you first but there we are. Can't fault your advice.