How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Your Own Question
Michael, Customer Service
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 9568
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Michael is online now

Hi and Good afternoon (in the UK) we have a TB DH101 dishwasher

This answer was rated:

Hi and Good afternoon (in the UK)
we have a TB DH101 dishwasher which will not take water in. I can trick it by giving it a fill manually and it seems to work fine. I have cleaned out the various pipes - the blue ones under the dome cover and the horseshoe one underneath, but still no joy.
Is it a water-in valve of some sort? If so, where is it?
best regards
Hi I am Tech Michael, I am sorry to hear that.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and I want to guide you the best way possible to save you money and time;-)
There is an electrically operated valve under the dishwasher. The best way to locate that is to remove the lower front kick plate and look for the water line, its a small flexible tube connected to a valve with two wires attached to it. Thats the part you will need. Its easy to replace with just a few basic hand tools and the part isn't very expensive;-)
I will help you if you need with the replacement.
The best place to get that is Espares, they are reliable and usually ship the same day you call.
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don't forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day!
Tech Michael
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays
For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.
Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Michael. There seems to be no easy way to remove thekick plate,unless itis by taking out quite a few screws which seem to he holding an aluminium frame.

Is the valve the thingy at front right?

Hi Ken, yes those screws need to come out, or if you want you could remove the entire dishwasher.
Also if this is kind of a built in unit that always makes it a bit more difficult sorry. I just fix em not the designer lol;-)
Please rate kindly.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So, I'm on the trail. Is the unit a small round plastic device? I have one with three electrical connections, but only one small water tube atached.


Hi that sounds about right. Is the tube metal? also it would be the one that fins from your main water line in the house under the sink into that part.Thanks Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm not sure that we have located the right unit. Are you sure that it is the gadget to the right? The water tube attches is plastic and seems to go round in a loop into the base (sump?) of the dishwasher.

There is another gizmo on the left which has a more sunstantial water tube attached and the electrical connections. It is virtually inacessible though. It has a label with a few numbers, and a time - 3min 15 secs.

Mean anything to you?


Hi Ken, what you need to do to be sure, is look at the water line under the sink that feeds the dishwasher it should be on the hot side water line, then look for that under the dishwasher.Also once you call for the part they will explain that to you as well;-)
it is the only electrical part(solenoid attached to the main water inlet line.
Hope that helps.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK Michael

I reckon we have found it. Do you think that it could indeed be a faul;ty valve?

Hi Ken yes I do. That is usually the culprit.
They fail over time due to rust and other foreign substances and lack of lubrication weak spring etc;-)
Please rate kindly I will be here for you still to help with he replacement if you need me.
Thanks Ken and have a great day!
Tech Michael
Michael and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you