How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask George-Allsorts Your Own Question
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 1448
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
George-Allsorts is online now

I have a belling range cooker.all electric. At the back of

This answer was rated:

I have a belling range cooker.all electric. At the back of the hob where the glass hinged cover meets the plate holding in the hob there are grooved slots cut in the metal. Food has gotten under these slots and I want to know how to get it out, Please.!
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is George.. Kindly be patient whilst awaiting responses, I'm not constantly available.

Are you meaning the area that looks like the grill of a radiator, and if you look down through there then you see galvenised steel?


Just inside the hinges of the glass cover on both sides there is a slightly raised area that has slots cut into it. I don't think they actually serve any function, but food has gotten inside them. Is there an easy way of getting at it?

George-Allsorts :

That area is for the spring that controls the fall of the lid section... When clogged with food or other debris I usually cover the area with a towel so as not the get water where it should not be and then either use a steamer or a washing liquid bottle filled with warm water to flush the area


Ok george thank you..

George-Allsorts and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you