How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rob Your Own Question
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 6991
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Rob is online now

Dishwasher SRS45E342GB: i need to replace the drain hose as

This answer was rated:

Dishwasher SRS45E342GB: i need to replace the drain hose as it has been nibbled by a mouse! How do I remove the old hose and fit the new one I have bought?
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Can you check that model number please? Also the make?

Generally you need to remove the lid first.
This allows you to access the screws for the side panels
Once they are off you can access the pump and hose connections

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Rob

that is the right model, it's a slimline 45cm wide Bosch dishwasher, I used that number to buy the new drain hose.But how do you get the lid off though, there are no screws holding it on!

Hi Jan
Maybe its a typo, that number come up blank even in Google

No matter, the lid on some of these 45cm machines is held by two plastic fittings which have to be pushed in or removed to get the lid off. Saves two screws !!

If you cant figure it out, can you upload a picture of the back underneath the wworktop as several types have been used. Use the paper clip icon


Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it was a typo, sorry, should be E32GB! I'm not at home now but I can see in my head the two push in fittings, I'll have a go when I get home. Many thanks for your help Rob, can I drop you a line back if I need anything else?

Hi Jan
Thats great

HAve a go when you get home.
Just post back here if you need anything.
Can you rate now as this is the only way I get credit for spending my time helpig you. This will NOT close the question and you can still come back to me
Rob and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you