Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.

hi I have a hotpoint aquarius vtd00p drier that has stopped

hi I have a hotpoint aquarius vtd00p drier that has stopped running without holding the start switch in.I have checked for an open circuit on all three t/stats (ok)replaced the capacitor with new.Ihave checked for an open circuit on heat elements which were heating ok but one was loose on the solder so I fit new in desperation.this is an old machine 10 years old I have replaced the rear drum bushes in the past but at the moment cannot afford a new much does your advice cost and how do I pay if you can help me thanks martin b
Hi Martin, when you click the smiley face they will charge then.
Im not sure exactly what the cost will be but its not much;-)
Please explain will the dryer run when the start button is held in?
I need a clear explanation of exactly what happens when you try to run your drier so I can assist you.
Thank you for your patience.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi Michael with the timer set to on I press start switch in and motor runs till I let go then motor stops and will not take up running on its own accord.Iforgot to say I bypassed the door switch to eliminate that.this is a reverse action model you probably know that thanks martin b

Thanks Martin,
There is a relay on the the control console.
They unfortunately don't sell just the relay:-(
Its easy to replace no soldering;-)
The best place to get that is Espares: Phone:0844 9777 888.
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day Martin!
Tech Michael
Hi thanks for the rating there are two possible relays the one you need is this one: the correct relay is C00207999 pcb & relay assembly - cost is about £25
Tech Michael;-)