How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 17410
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Daniel is online now

Hi we have a Candy built in single oven. The instructions

This answer was rated:

Hi we have a Candy built in single oven. The instructions state that it should be a rigid fitting or a flexible stainless steel continuous wall flexible hose. I have been told by our fitter that we don't have the SS flexible CW hoses here. A rigid connection is not going to be possible. The problem is that the supply pipe is on the top of the oven. Please can you advise what could be used?

The retailer is correct on this as you can just use a standard covered steel hose on these.

Not sure why your fitter is worried about the hose melting or burning from touching the outer part of the oven as it doesnt get anywere near hot enough to met the hose as they are a high temperture hose so the oven gets no were near hot enough for the hose as an oven is all insulated from the cavity inside the oven.

As if you think about it the oven sits in a wooden kitchen unit so if it was hot enough to melt the hose it will burn the wooden units.

So dont worry about the heat from the oven as it wont effect it at all.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Daniel - might need to get a different installer :-)

Thanks for the advice



Yeap thats what i was think about the installer. Give another a ring and im sure they will sort it for you.

As nearly all gas ovens are connected with the rubber hose.

Daniel and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you