How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dales-Electronic Your Own Question
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 1484
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Dales-Electronic is online now

how do I get to the heater element wiring to change the element

This answer was rated:

how do I get to the heater element wiring to change the element on my Hoover VHC681B condenser drier
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Access to the heater element is my means of removing the outer back panel, the funny shaped cover that goes from the centre middle to the lower left hand corner, You will find the heater assembly together with its thermal control cutouts etc. Just take all the screws out and slowly pull the panel off without damaging the seal or heater assembly. You can then get full access to the heater. If you need further advice just come back to me on here, in the meantime kindly rate my service which will generate a unique code which will allow you to ask further questions at no extra cost. ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-5877h60b- :

Hi, yes that is clear, what I need to know is how to access the connections, so that once I have unscrewed the back panel and the heater element, I can replace the element for a new one. The wires from the element pass through a grommet in the main chassis of the machine where they connect to the rest of the wiring loom - how do I access those to pull off the old element connections and reconnect the new ones ? Thanks

Dales-Electronic and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you

From memory, there is a connector block on the inside of the grommet, you have to take the side panel off to get at it, however if you take note of the position that the original wires go you can just cut them and but connect them together # ***** give me a moment and I'll check the part for you ~ the new heater assy comes with coloured wires and spade connectors that plug into the mentioned socket, before you replace the whole thing though check that the two thermal cutouts on top of the old heater have not failed. If so just change them over and keep the element for the future ~ Ian

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi , thanks for your answer,I wish is was that simple.... yes the wires are terminated with male/female spade type connectors, it is just getting to them that I cannot work out.... there is no side panel - the sides and back of the dryer body are one preformed piece of sheet steel, the bottom of the dryer is heavy a complete moulded component, with no obvious way of removing it from the metal bodywork.

Any ideas ? thanks for your help so far I appreciated technical diagnosis with only text is exceptionally difficult.

OK its that model !! ~ what you need to do first is change over the button thermostat on the top and see if that works first then come back to me if we need to go further ~ Ian