How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask George-Allsorts Your Own Question
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 1448
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
George-Allsorts is online now
This answer was rated:

How do we fix our Hotpoint EW91S fan oven? The fan continues

to run and we have... Show More
to run and we have to turn it off at the mains. We have replaced the whole light fitting which exploded but no luck!
Show Less
Ask Your Own Appliance Question
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

Which fan are you meaning.. The oven fan inside the oven, or the cooling fan that cooles the cavity?

JACUSTOMER-6tbaqyx7- :

The oven fan inside the oven I think. It's the one I can see behind the element.

George-Allsorts :

It is likely the selector switch shorted when the light blew

JACUSTOMER-6tbaqyx7- :

The controls on the oven are working as they should be it is just the fan that is the problem. Is it likely that this switch will sort it out? How difficult will it be to change the switch ourselves?

George-Allsorts :

If you have not altered the wiring, and you do not have a shorted cable, then the selector is the only part connected inlie to the fan other than the heater element and therefore this can be the only issue in my opinion...

It is not that easy to change unless you are able to strip parts of your cooker.. You will need to have the switch identified also, in order to get the correct one.

JACUSTOMER-6tbaqyx7- :

Thank you for your help and advice. I think we need to look for a new cooker now!

George-Allsorts :

I would say that it is possible to get an engineer to do the job probabl cost less than £100

Michael, Would you like me to give you a link that will allow you to find a technician local to you?
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

Yes info for a local technician would be appreciated. Thanks for that George and Happy New Year.

Michael, you can use this link to get an appliance technician local to you Find an Engineer