George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair

Demi 10 Compact Dehumidifier has workked very well

Demi 10 Compact Dehumidifier has workked very well for about 2 years, has now suddenly stopped working, all movements and motor sounds are as always, machine clean, just no water collecting
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

I Kno you have said that all sounds are definitely working.. are you sure that the compressor is starting?

Yes, the compressor is working

Only OK because answer has not satisfied the customer

Hi Ian, I have been waiting for you to answer me..

If the compressor is working, can you now tell me if the fan is switching on and off or is it staying on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Apologies, fan switching on and off but compressor not kicking in.

OK Ian.. then the fault is with the little pcb board behind the front cover.. On the board are two relays, and below those is an oblong capacitor.. the capacitor is usually a 1uf. That is most likely the cause of your problem as it is not allowing enough current to open the relay for the motor.

Is that good enough for a higher rating?