How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dales-Electronic Your Own Question
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 1466
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Dales-Electronic is online now

Im trying to replace a drain hose on a Caple Di614 dishwasher.

Customer Question

Im trying to replace a drain hose on a Caple Di614 dishwasher. I have access to the back of the machine, but where the existing hose goes into the back of the machine, it seems to be a sealed unit, rather than just a straight push on attachment & jubilee clip. Am i expected to unscrew panels on the back of the machine to get the current drain hose out or is there another clever way? Nothing in the instruction manual about this.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 3 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

This appliance is fitted with a conventional hose, however you will need to take off the base and part of the back panel to allow you to unclip it from the plastic holder and further down underneath where it connects up to the drain pump. its a bit fiddly but well within the scope of a diy person ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-t1epj1et- : there. Looks like you also have to take both side panels off the dishwasher, in order rear panels to be able to be removed, is that right? What a ridiculous design by Caple. Surely they know that drain hoses will have to be replaced from time to time?
Dales-Electronic :

You should be able to take off the bottom few screws and fold it back a little enough to remove the back panel ~ totally agree re the design its made by a Chinese company called Midea (what you see is not always what you got)