Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

my neff dishwasher doesn't wash the top level properly - have

my neff dishwasher doesn't wash the top level properly - have cleaned it all out, added rinseaid salt etc. Took the top shelf out and squirted water into it and the water comes out of the arms ok but they don't spin (although I was holding it vertically). Any ideas?
Can you post the full model number please. It will start E-nr
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi S51E50X1GB/03 FD 9106. There's loads of numbers- hope that's the one you need! Also says type S6P1F i think. Tried putting water through with a hose too with it horizontal- water comes out of the arms ok but they don't spin(they spin freely when you push them)
Thanks for that. On this model there is a diverter valve in there which is located in the hose coming out from the wash motor.
What this diverter valve does is diverts water to each spray arm. So it sends the water to the lower arm for several seconds then swaps to the top arm and so on through out the wash cycle. So if this diverter valve fails what happens is the water only goes to the one arm which in your case is the bottom so the top arm doesn't get any water and so wont spin around.
In this case it looks like the diverter valve will need to be replaced underneath and that should cure the fault from there and get the top arm spraying again from there.
Copy and paste the link below to see what it looks like and you can also order the part from there.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks - that's really helpful.

Your very welcome.

If you could rate the answer i gave that would be great.