Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.

I have a siemens varioperfect WM14E34FCB/24 (bought when serving

Customer Question

I have a siemens varioperfect WM14E34FCB/24 (bought when serving in Germany) - the machine washes fine, but recently the wash cycles have started to take twice as long.
Any advice please?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

Hi, welcome to Just answer

Please tell me how old is this washer ?

JACUSTOMER-teybhe9k- :

Its about 5 years old

OK, have you already tried to clean the drain pump assembly ?

JACUSTOMER-teybhe9k- : No, I have no idea what that is - not very mechanical minded!
JACUSTOMER-teybhe9k- : Do you know what is the UK equivalent of this washer is?

OK, with the washer unplugged you can clean the drain pump filter located inside the bottom front of the appliance

after this is done and the problem is still there then it seems the heating element will need replacement

let me know how it goes

JACUSTOMER-teybhe9k- : Is that the flap at the bottom right? Do I need to empty the water?

Yes that is correct

JACUSTOMER-teybhe9k- : I' have drained the black pipe and the Wwhite circular screw in cap and cleaned the debris out - will let you know the result!

sure if you see improvement then I would recommend that you pull the washer out and clean the drain hose pump completely in other few days

JACUSTOMER-teybhe9k- : Still took just as long!
JACUSTOMER-teybhe9k- : How much is it to replace the heating element?

Sorry for not responding earlier... I was away for few days...I believe that solved the problem for you ? if not let me know so that I can help you

JACUSTOMER-teybhe9k- : No it didn't - how much will it cost to replace heating element?

a new element will cost around £45