How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask George-Allsorts Your Own Question
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 1448
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
George-Allsorts is online now

I have a circa 1970 Kenwod chef which I wanted to start

This answer was rated:

Hi I have a circa 1970 Kenwod chef which I wanted to start using again after a few years of it being idle ...
My husband looked at it when it started to smell and smoke after using it and said it was ok
It still smells (electrical ) after I have used it for a while ...
It makes me rather nervous so ave stopped using it
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

This usually happens when the capacitor linking the positive and neutral cables just past where it enters the appliance starts to fail.. I've replaced loads of them .. Usually replaceable by the Whirlpool version.


Ok Thanks .Where can I get this from and how much is it going to cost ? Can we replace it ourselves ?


Actually no problem ... my husband has it in hand Thanks

George-Allsorts and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you