How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Plumberpro Your Own Question
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 634
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Plumberpro is online now

I have had a Vaillant Ecotec Pro 24 standard flue boiler recently

This answer was rated:

I have had a Vaillant Ecotec Pro 24 standard flue boiler recently installed which supplies hot water only to the kitchen tap and the central heating system.
The existing supply of hot water to the shower room for the shower and the hand basin is via a hot water cylinder with an immersion heater in an airing cupboard and this only has a cold water supply.
Is it possible to run a pipe directly to either to the shower and hand basin or to the hot water cylinder which will then supply them with hot water ?
Plumberpro :

Hi . you can't run it to the cylinder as the Combi is mains pressure and would burst the cylinder .but you can definitely run a pipe to shower and basin .just tee off the pipe that runs to the kitchen tap. Then cap off the hot water cylinder and if the shower cold runs off the tank , cap off the tank and link up the cold main supplying the tank to the cold pipework outlet . then you will have equal pressure .


So if I did this it would mean that I could remove the cylinder altogether?

Plumberpro :

Yes. You could



Plumberpro and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you