Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced

I have Drayton ZA5 valves controlling central heating and

I have Drayton ZA5 valves controlling central heating and hot water. The central heating works fine. But the the boiler seems to fire for hot water independently of the setting on the control panel. The arms on the actuator work properly when I turn hw on and off on the panel, but when it is off - with the arm to the right and the switch in the "A" position, the boiler still fires. I suspect the valve inside is stuck and would like to try freeing it up with a little WD-40 before calling out the plumber. Can I remove the actuator head to do that without switching the system off? I'd be grateful for simple guidance on this.

Hi , yes you can remove the head without draining or turning power off .best of luck

Hi , yes you can remove the actuator head without switching off

Sounds like a programmer or wiring fault though