How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dales-Electronic Your Own Question
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 1484
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Dales-Electronic is online now

I have a &D drill model no KR700CRE. I cannot release the

This answer was rated:

I have a B&D drill model no KR700CRE. I cannot release the drill bit from the chuck it just turns with out freeing the bit. have you any suggestions?
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ this sometimes works but its a bit violent, take a can of WD40 and spray it into the bit area, down the sides of the jaws, then placing the drill on a table or block and whack the chuck with a hammer. If you cant release the jaws then sorry to say you will need to replace the jaw/chuck assembly. Ian
Dales-Electronic and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you