Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a question about my alarm system. ADT installed an

I have a question about my alarm system.
ADT installed an alarm for me 3 years ago and I am cancelling the monitoring contact.
I want to have the alarm notification sent to my mobile, so self monitoring.
The alarm box is a Honeywell Galaxy 2-12.
Could I please get advice on how I can change this alarm to have it send messages to my mobile. From online forums I understand it is possible but I'm unable to obtain details on how to implement it.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ could you confirm if the original system is connected to your bt landline or via the additional GSM module that can be fitted as an extra unit?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The original system is connected to my BT line only.

OK I will see if it is possible to program this part of the system but it may be that you wi have to fit the optional gsm module ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. Look forward to this. Would also be interested in what's required to fit the optional GSM module.

.

OK I have now got the information for you, not good news I'm afraid, the Galaxy 2 needed the GSM module to allow you to send texts to a mobile, however this item has now been discontinued (2011) see attached link ~~ http://www.security.honeywell.com/uk/intruder/documents/CPIB034_G2_GSM_Module_%20A231_DISCONTINUATION.pdf ~~ there is however listed a replacement which you might be interested in or it would seem that you can get the module from this company ~~ https://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/microtech-galaxy-gsm-module-p-701.html ~~ Thanks for using JustAnswer ~ Ian

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Ian. That is very useful information.

Conal

Sorry we couldn't be more positive but at least you have options and you might get lucky and pick up a second hand or old stock unit on Ebay or similar ~ Ian