How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dales-Electronic Your Own Question
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 1466
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Dales-Electronic is online now

Can u help,i looked at a kuppersbusch fridge freezer American

This answer was rated:

hi,can u help,i looked at a kuppersbusch fridge freezer American style,found water leaking behind control panel and dispenser,i have took out all screws and removable parts but I need to remove whole dispencer unit, I can see it is stuck by some glue or foam,is it ok to try and pull out from door and foam. can not see any other way to remove inside and out of door, there is also a split in tube at base of door where tube exits,this tube needs replacing in door
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ from the illustrated diagram it looks like the control panel comes off followed by the push buttons ~ thereafter you have the dispenser frame into which is fitted the facia pcb which is screwed into this frame. I can see no frame fixings ~ however be aware that the whole thing is listed as one item ie it is not available in component parts. If you need me to send you the diagram I will need an email address replacing @ with (at)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanx for response, let me run through this ,I removed the control panel which has buttons and digital screen ie, temp control and stuff, this panel just pulls off, im left with dispenser unit,it has around 8 screws around it,once I had them out there was a small amount of movement ,I proceeded to lever out the whole unit but it seemed to be held in by some spongey yellow stuff and I could see some glue resadule around unit. there was more give on it by then ,the tube that runs out at bottom of door does need replacing as it is split at bottom flush with hinge slot ,not enough to work with. if I manage to remove unit,when putting back do I use a silicone to seal in, if you don't mind sending info my e-mail ; flexiplumber at I am sure model no is KE 580-1-2TPW, its American style. manufact- kuppersbusch

silver.any info would be great. thanx

The model I have got listed is KE580-1-2T which will be the correct one, the issue that you have here is that the tube (bottom of door) is not replaceable so you will have to carry out a repair. What we do here is take a piece of copper pipe 1/4" bend it to 90 degrees and with the gentle application of heat slide it up inside the existing plastic pipe through the bottom hinge. Once you have done this a push fit connector can be fitted to reconnect the other end with the water supply that come in underneath the appliance. Its usually easier to do with the door off ~ it may sound like a bit of a bodge but its a lot cheaper than a new door ~ I will send you the door illustration across in a moment. ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanx,I get what your saying,i can assume that you don't recommend trying to remove unit,i think that the plastic pipe might be damaged up by the dispencer as there is defo water leaking when water function is activated, this could have been caused by me or the owner as he was present at time of visit and saw the dilemma,if I can not gain internal acsess then I assume the door comes as a seald pakage,with dispencer seald in, in your opinion and as this repair will be more common sense with good intentions,would you try to remove dispenser unit if pos.

I would take the repair route as you have nothing to lose, the cost of a new door is in excess of £400 and with gentle application you should be able to repair this one, worst that you can do is have to glue something back in place ~ Would you now kindly rate my information to you, once done all further questions are free of charge but it lets me shut the job down on the system ~ Ping me when you have things done and let me know how you got on ~~ Ian

Dales-Electronic and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you