How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Plumberpro Your Own Question
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 634
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Plumberpro is online now

I have a Cannon Coalridge BF Mk2 gas fire, about ten years

This answer was rated:

I have a Cannon Coalridge BF Mk2 gas fire, about ten years old. It has just failed its annual Gas safety check, has been disconnected and capped off, because of high CO readings (1531 ppmm was reported0). The testing company (Climate Solutions Limited) cannot explain the high level of CO, and say that they cannot attempt a repair as Cannon no longer exist and the fire unit is therefore "unsupported".
Can you help or advise please?
1. Can the fault be due to a simple easy-to-repair leak?
2. Do FLAVEL now undertake maintenance of Cannon equipment?
3. If a repair is impractical, is this unit still replaceable? or is there a modern equivalent?
Many thanks for considering my problem.
Roy Hobday

Hi , sorry to hear that your fire was capped off . this is always hard for the customer and the engineer , however that reading was very high and very dangerous .008 ppm is the borderline. Did the engineer attempt to find out the reason , ie, flue blocked , lack of ventilation damaged burner .if they didn't do this you could get another gas safe engineer to investigate. If the fire does need replacing ,there are plenty of models that would fit . your installer would go through this with you .

I have checked and parts can be had from heating parts

Plumberpro and 2 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. I will try to get more investigations done into the cause.

R. Hobday

All the best with it , would you mind rating my answer please , thanks