Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My tumble dryer has stopped spinning round but heat is

My tumble dryer has stopped spinning round but heat is still being blown in. Im guessing its the fan belt. Is this easy/cheap to get fixed?
Hi Can you post the model number please. Also are you looking at doing this yourself or after a rough price of how much it will cost? Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the product number is ***** 096 74800 and type is TC09H6THP.

I would most likely need someone to do it unless its super easy for complete novices!!

Hi Ok thanks for that. If the drum isn't turning then its more then likely the belt that's snapped. But to check you can remove the 2 screws at the back holding the top panel on and remove that. You should see the belt around the drum. If not then its snapped. Now fitting these isn't a super easy job i'm afraid. Its a strip down of the dryer as the side panels, top and back panel will need to be removed and then all the motor covers as well so it is a bit of a strip down to do this. But pricewise I will say its about £70-80 roughly for a belt fitted. So on this model its well worth it as its only a few years old. Plus its a heat pump dryer which is a lot more expensive then a normal dryer so to replace the dryer you are looking at roughly £500. So its well worth getting this fixed. If you need help finding a repair company let you know you postcode and I will see if I can find a company for you. Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thankyou. I will get someone in then. If you could recommend someone that would be great. Im in Balham London SW12.

I've linked a website on here with a few companys that will repair your dryer in your area. They are on the Uk whitegoods website so are recommended repair companys. So give one of then a ring and im sure they will sort it for you. Regards
Sorry for the link. http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/search/index.php?option=com_findmyengineer&view=findengg&layout=result&Itemid=258