How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask George-Allsorts Your Own Question
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 1448
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
George-Allsorts is online now

I have a very old fridge freezer. I've looked on your

This answer was rated:

I have a very old fridge freezer. I've looked for it on your product list but it is no longer there. As it had to fit underneath a window it had the fridge and the freezer side by side.
In trying to get ice off the freezer I seem to have stabbed a coolant tube in the roof of the freezer compartment with the point of a knife. Stupid I know. There was a hissing sound, followed some hours later by the motor making more noise and no cooling effect. It is gradually defrosting.
Can it be repaired? As it must be at least 15 years old should I buy a new one?
Hello, my name is George..

It is possible to repair the appliance but the cost of doing so would probably be excessive in respect of the age of the appliance..

Can you tell me the model number of the appliance?

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
George-Allsorts and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you