How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Plumberpro Your Own Question
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 634
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Plumberpro is online now

I'm looking at a Glow worm 15 hxi boiler. I have 12 rads and

This answer was rated:

I'm looking at a Glow worm 15 hxi boiler. I have 12 rads and a water softener so being told I need a stainless steel heat exchanger? Not many around but Glow worm don't seem to have a good reputation for reliability? Also, my gas inlet pipe is 15mm and told I need 22mm?Any help gratefully appreciated. BC
Hi , why not change to a combi boiler. You would gain storage space where your hot water tank is and loose the tanks in the lofts.
Also when you say stainless steel heat exchanger, do you mean an unvented hot water tank?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Would like to keep hot water tank etc. not sure about unvented hot water tank? Main problem seems to be soft water not being acceptable with aluminium heat exchanger? Do you know of other stainless steel exchangers? Many thanks for your help. BC
Hi ,its recommended that the central heating system is filled with un softened water. This would be possible by taking a feed off the incoming main to the filling tank or filling loop if pressurised boiler .
Have a look at this information
Potterton suprima has cast iron heat exchanger
Plumberpro and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you