Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

Got a new candy grande vita washing machine yesterday,

Hi, got a new candy grande vita washing machine yesterday, makes a noise a bit like a high pitched wind up toy. Any ideas what this is. I checked the water hose and filter at the front already.

Can you post the model number please.

Also if you the drum by hand can you hear the nosie?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
GV 169TWC3W/1-80
Whirring noise when I turn the drum, could be normal?

Thanks for that.

I think what you will find the noise is the motor. With it being new the carbon brushes will be bedding into the armature on the motor. So you can get a winning noise from them while it does this.

You tend to find this goes after a few washes and it will be fine. So just see how it goes and i think you may find it will go. But if it doesnt then its more then likely the motor faulty and you will need to get them out to replace it.

But as i said i think you will find the noise will go after a few washes on these.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay, cheers