How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask George-Allsorts Your Own Question
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 1448
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
George-Allsorts is online now

Why is the liquid detergent section of the dispenser drawer

This answer was rated:

Why is the liquid detergent section of the dispenser drawer filled with water/detergent after a wash cycle has been completed? Model ZWI 721201 WA
Hello, my name is George..

The fact that water is in the compartment with the conditioner indicates that the water system is working and it is therefore a problem with the tray itself..
Have a look at the image below.. The area that I have circled in black is usually removable.. remove it and look up into it.. you'll probably find gunge blocking it.. give it a scrub together with the tube that it fits onto.. then place it back into the tray and test..


Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have already tried that, no blockages found! Is there anything else I can try?
Did you look up the tube and down the tube?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, all tubes/holes/areas clear of blockages and cleaned, drawer removed to do this and insert removed, no sign of cause!
So, if you fill the conditioner compartment with water only, does that syphone allow the water to escape?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have now checked inside the drawer space of the machine having removed the drawer, in the roof of the machine are a couple of holes, are these the ones you are referring to?
No sorry.. Look at the drawer.. There is a piece of the drawer that comes out, it is called a syphon... I have placed another picture below and have highlighted the syphon.

That need to be pulled out of the right section of the drawer.. give it a thorough scrub to get all remaining conditioner off it.. Then re-fit it and try again by pouring water into it.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you include the photo please as there is nothing I can see that resembles a syphon!
George-Allsorts and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you