How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Plumberpro Your Own Question
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 634
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Plumberpro is online now

In 1997 we purchased a Franke ARGX654 Oatmeal Granite Right

This answer was rated:

In 1997 we purchased a Franke ARGX654 Oatmeal Granite Right Hand Sink. This has given good service until recently when it became evident that the rubber seals on the 'push down' shut/open valves have been leaking.
Our question is - is it possible to obtain replacement seals or replacement ' push down' shut/open valves.
Thank you
Jean Ashenden
Hi , do you mean the internal rubber seals?
If you can't get the original , I'm sure you can obtain something that will work .the best thing to do is dismantle the tap and take the inside cartridge to a local plumbers merchant, not a b and q or wicked, and they keep hundreds of different o rings ,seal etc.
Some plumbers don't want to get involved running around for these as there time isn't always paid to do it .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm not talking about TAPS - I'm talking about the 'plugs fitted to the base of each of the two sinks i.e. the thing you push down before you go and fill the sink with water. At the moment the sinks will not hold water for long due to the seals on the plugs having deteriorated. My quest is where can I get new seals or complete 'New' plugs?
OK , do you mean these?
If not could you attach a photo?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
YES that is the thingy I've been trying to describe to you - I need either new rubber seals or complete replacement assemblies - can you advise items compatible with my Franke sink?
Yes they will fit your Franke's sink ,
But here is a genuine Frank's one .
All the best
Plumberpro and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you