How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Plumberpro Your Own Question
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 634
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Plumberpro is online now

I have purchased Danfoss Thermostat FP975 which meant to

This answer was rated:

Hi. I have purchased Danfoss Thermostat FP975 which meant to replace my old Danfoss SET2E. Switching process was straight forward as there was no need (I think) to change wiring configuration. Unfortunately new thermostat controls only water but not central heating. Every time I am trying to switch the heating on nothing is happening (thermostat light is on as well as characteristic click sound can be heard). I will be appreciated for support. Kind Regards. Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
please find photo attached - wiring plate
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i have also attached installation guide for new thermostat, regards
Hi , ive checked both wiring plans for the two programmers.the wiring is the same , so I don't think it's a wiring issue.
Most likely it is the heating motorised valve that is faulty and not motoring over an making the switch to fire the pump and boiler.pretty common fault. You can most probably just change the head ( as long as its not a very olkd one with a red washer between the head and valve body.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi.Thank you for your response. Basically you would suggest new control panel? regards Robert
No , I believe the panel is fine. Your system will have motorised valve .if you Google Honeywell motorised valves you will see what they look like. They are usually installed next to the hot water cylinder. If you have two, one will be for hot water ( on pipe going into hot water cylinder), one for heating , goes to radiator pipe work. the heating one is faulty most likely and will need replacing
Plumberpro and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
many thanks for your help. Regards