Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.

Morning, i have installed a neff extractor hood and have vented

Customer Question

i have installed a neff extractor hood and have vented it to outside air.While standing outside with my hand up to the vent grille there is plenty of extracted air coming out even when i hold my hand a couple of feet away from the grille the extraction is good,however internally the extraction is very poor,not enough to draw the flame of a match.Any ideas as what might be causing the problem.(i have used the correct diameter ducting)
many thanks.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - would you kindly give me the full ENr of this appliance please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the extractor hood is a neff D39f56nogb chimney type
OK first question, did you set this extractor up in extraction or recirculation mode?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK if that is the case then this is the way that I would approach the problem, You need to take off the chimney cover and disconnect the vent pipe. Once this is done switch the extractor on and with a single sheet of paper laid upon the fat filters see if there is enough pressure to hold the paper in place. If so refit the vent pipe and see if the paper stays in place. If it doesnt then you have a problem with the vent pipe - just out of interest how long is the ventpipe?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
150mm vent pipe?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
150mm duct used.
OK thats good as 2 metres is a fair length for an extractor without a booster. Back to my earlier suggestion, take off the vent tube, check with a sheet of paper and come back to me with your results.