Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.

I have a Baumatic gas hob Model B17.6SS type P9N. which is

I have a Baumatic gas hob Model B17.6SS type P9N. which is continuously sparking. How can I deal with this ?
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - firstly take all the knobs off and tell me if its stops the sparking?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No... It continues sparking
OK if you look into the hole where the knob comes off you will see a micro-switch that is daisy chained from one switch to the next, can you just check and see that they are all out and not jammed in, secondly have you recently cleaned the unit.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I do not understand what 'daisy chained ' means in this situation.
No... The switches have not been cleaned recently.
OK copy and paste the following link into your browser -- -- this shows the brown micro switches, each is connected to the next switch (daisy chained) and then back to the spark generator. If on of these gets damp (or faulty) then the sparks continue. The only other thing that causes this to happen is if the spark igniter unit is faulty.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can the micro switches be removed for cleaning. How do I locate the spark igniter.. If faulty can I obtain a replacement ?
They are generally changed rather than cleaned, the spark generator is at the back. Both parts are readily available. If it were me, I would carefully remove the top, find the switch connections and disconnect the switches. If it then stops sparking you know its the switches, if it doesnt then its the generator. Firstly however I would get a hair dryer and fire some hot air down each knob hole in the hope that it is only damp that is causing the problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
A pleasure, would you now kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page, once done all further questions are free of charge. If you need further information regarding prices or availablity of an item come back to me and just re log in. Thank you for using JA and have a great evening. Ian
Do you require further assistance?