How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dales-Electronic Your Own Question
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 1488
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Dales-Electronic is online now

Why does my Panasonic Microwave blow fuse board (sockets only)

This answer was rated:

Why does my Panasonic Microwave blow fuse board (sockets only) every time I start to cook/heat. Same happens even when I move to another socket. All other electrical items work in these sockets.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - OK just to confirm as soon as you plug it in to the socket it trips the electric ie without setting it up or anything else?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
For example, I put item in micro, press "high, the time and start. At this point it causes the fuse box to trip.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The micro is quite happy to be plugged in and switched on. The "short" kicks in when I press start. Sometimes it happens when I press "high"
OK you havent given me the model number is ***** just a microwave or a combi oven?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry about that. Its a Panasonic Inverter, 900W, NN-ST479S
How old is it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's about 2years old, 3 at the most.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I didn't bother with Insurance because of the longevity of my last two microwaves. I also didn't want to let the local electrician loose on it just yet. I thought it better to seek advice.
OK this is your issue, without the necessary test equipment its going to be difficult to figure out what is causing the problem other than disconnecting things one at a time. I'm happy to do this with you but you will have to take off the cover so that we can get in to the microwave and since we will continue to trip the house electrics until we find the problem you best have a torch - Ian
Dales-Electronic and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Ian. I half thought it wouldn't be a quick fix. I am not in a position to dismantle a microwave at 75 yrs so I'll call in the electrician. I had hoped it would be something common. So no worries. Thank you for your help. Lucy