George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair

hotpoint bwm129 washing machine not finishing cycle, no power

hotpoint bwm129 washing machine not finishing cycle, no power going to heater element, element sensor 35ohms resistance (when no water in machine)
Hello, my name is George..
Are there any flashing lights on the console?
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no flashing lights
Did the wash take an inordinate time to complete?
Have you used a multimeter to test continuity of the element?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes the wash took a long time, I finished it by putting to rinse, element ohms check 30ohms
Can you tell me the ambient temperature of the thermistor when you tested its resistance.. If not, is it possible for you to test it in water with a thermometer?
Also, do you mean ohms or kohms?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
temp with no water in machine was 35ohms- with cold water in machine 35kohms
Ok, can you try a thermometer in some water.. get the water to approx 25degs or 30 degs and tell me the thermistor readings
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sorry, no thermometer, no water in machine 35ohms, with cold water in machine 35kohms
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
reading at moment 35ohms (no water in machine for a while)
Can you place the thermistor in your closed-cupped hand for one minute, then let me know the resistance please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ol reading when warmed
Then that thermistor needs changing..
Warmed in your hand (approx 30 degs after one minute) should give you a reading of between 15.7 and 16.4 Kohms
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok thank you
You're very welcome..
I am only paid by the company for my assistance on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.