George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair

Our De Dietrich DOP740B oven went dead last night when we switched

Our De Dietrich DOP740B oven went dead last night when we switched off the mains switch by mistake. when we switched on again the hob and microwave came back but the oven remained off, no panel lights, nothing. If its a power surge problem whats most likely to have blown ?
Hello, my name is George..
Turn off the appliance at the wall and leave for ten minutes, then turn the appliance back on at the wall.. This will allow the Mains filter to discharge and hopefully the unit will start working again.
If the appliance does not power-up following this action, it will be necessary to change the main filter.
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for that George. Can I take it that the main filter that you refer to is one and the same as the noise filter referred to in the spare parts list and located near the mains terminal block ?
Yes, if you have no power coming out of the filter then change it... If there is power from the filter then check the Thermal Overload Cutout on the wiring just above the terminal block.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi George, had to work yesterday so taking your advice on the oven now. There's power from the filter so that's ok. The thermal cutout has power from both terminals so I assume that's ok ? The heating element terminals are live and there's power going to the main board which sits on top of the oven but still no lights on the front panel and no response from the switch panel. Has it cooked its last goose?
It sounds like your power board has become defective..
The original power board part number 72X4350 has been superseded by an upgraded replacement board part number AS6005752 which unfortunately has also now become obsolete.
Suggestion: You could try to find a replacement secondhand board on the likes of ebay.
I hope this has been of help to you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Obsolete after 7 years just my luck. Before I hunt on EBay can I ask why you diagnose a defective power board rather than the other display card and is it a DIY job to fit the replacement board (should I find one )
Sorry for the delay.. I had to go to work
The display board requires power from the power board.. The power board is known to be a problem on this model and a few other models of the same range.
Invariably, if the display card became faulty, the fault was caused by the power board