Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.

Daniel, I'm being driven mad by the banging noise my integrated fridge freezer is

Hi Daniel, I'm being driven mad by the banging noise my integrated fridge freezer is making. I believe it's the freezer section as, when opening the door just an inch or so the noise stops. It's almost constant although every now and again stops. Can you explain what's happening?
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ it sounds like the circulating fan within the freezer compartment is catching on an ice build up. The door switch shuts the fan off when you open the door.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do I clear the ice build up and enable the fan to operate without catching?
Would you kindly let me have the full ENr of the appliance and I will let you have a picture of the parts diagram.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi IanI cannot find the information you require. I will keep looking. In the meantime I switched off the appliance for 24 hours believing that this would melt the ice - some water drained into the compartment and I thought I had cured the problem. Not so. On setting the freezer going again, the sound (when opening the door) is that of water draining down a plug hole. Now how do I drain the water off?
The water should be passing through a drain pipe at the back and into a water catchment tub on top of the compressor (motor)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So will the draining noise subside in the end?
Yes it will once the ice has fully melted ~ you may have to take the back panel off (inside fridge cavity) if the noise doesnt stop but come back to me if you need further help.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
All seems to be working now that all the ice has melted. I just needed to be patient. Thank you for diagnosing the original problem.
A pleasure - have a great day.