George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair

My machine stops part way through the wash and the letters

My machine stops part way through the wash and the letters HEI appear, could you please tell me the problem, this is not in the book.
Can you tell me the brand and model number of the appliance please? regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Samsung Diamond WF8602NGW
Then the issue you have is HE1 not HEI and it refers to the lack of heat being sensed within 7 minutes.. Test your heater element and if the heater element is ok check the thermister.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
how do i check the heater element? does the back of the machine have to be taken off
Yes, if you remove the rear panel, the heater is available at the bottom of the tub.. Remove the two power cables from the heater and use a multimeter on continuity to test the heater.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your help, i think i will have to call a repair man in for this job though.
kind regards,
Ok Patricia, if you let me know your postcode I can see if I have details of a local engineer for you. regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Careys48 Milden RoadIpswichPhone: 01473 233533
Appliance Engineers LtdTorrington closeChelmsfordPhone: 01245 460500 Mobile: 07504 056104
Above are two engineers that cover your area.. I hope that helps. Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you very much for your help,