How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Your Own Question
Michael, Customer Service
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 9568
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Michael is online now

Re: Sunbeam Vintage Mixmaster. The appliance works perfectly

Customer Question

Re: Sunbeam Vintage Mixmaster. The appliance works perfectly well except that the mixer plate beneath the bowl needs a new small part in the base of the machine to keep the bowl firm when in use. Can you please tell me what the part is called and is it possible to replace it? Is there a Sunbeam repair engineer in Derby/UK ? I should be glad if you can help, Evelyn Young.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Mixer?Also may I have the Full model # ***** I can check on that for you? Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Michael for your response to my enquiry. I have since discovered however that the specific part needed to repair the appliance - -a "bearing' can no longer be obtained. Thank you for your attention. Evelyn.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Evelyn, Im sorry to hear that they discontinued the part. Guess in this case its time to replace that mixer, I checked as well for that part last night for you and found out the samw thing.I would Highly recommend as a replacement the Kitchen Aid stand mixer, They are really awesome will last a lifetime. Also all parts are always going to be available for those models;-)In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day Evelyn!Tech Michael