George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair

My Dimplex Eco has stopped working. It will no longer switch

My Dimplex Eco has stopped working. It will no longer switch on. The fuse is ok so I wonder if the memory system has been programmed accidentally to prevent it working.
Hello Ted, my name is***** you tell me the model number please.. This is usually on a label on the rear of the appliance. regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George,
The model number is *****
Thanks for that Ted.. Can you tell me, if you press the On/Off button, does the neon surrounding that button light up? The On/Off button looks like the image in the link below
or this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO sign of life George on pressing any button
It is likely then that the Control Board has been blown... Parts are not available for this model Ted but, if yours is under 5 years old then it will still be under warranty as they come with a 5 year warranty from GDC. Please rate the assistance give by me today & feel free to ask further questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's more than 5 yrs old so it's off to the tip. I don't know how to rate this experience as the outcome was negative.
Hi Ted, when you are rating, you are rating my assistance to you and the time I spent trying to assist you, not how disappointed you are with the manufacturer, the appliance, or the fact that the appliance has no available parts.. regardsGeorge