How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dales-Electronic Your Own Question
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 1466
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Dales-Electronic is online now

I have a hotpoint uh53ws oven. It's an under counter type

Customer Question

Hi, I have a hotpoint uh53ws oven. It's an under counter type on legs. Can I remove the legs so I can install it into a tall oven housing unit?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Yes you can BUT you must ensure that you have extra ventilation below and above otherwise the oven will overheat and fail to work correctly. Ideally you should have the base of the unit on L shaped slider rails and a ventilator grill above to allow total free flow of air.