Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697
Appliance

Bosch oven with push in round control knobs - what do you do

if the knob is stuck... Show More
if the knob is stuck in and will not pop back out again?
Show Less
Hi Can you post the full model number please. Thanks
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
HBN 43M5.OB - does that sound like a model number?
Thanks for that, Ive got it now. If the knob isnt popping out then what you can try is get to butter knifes and wedge them in were the control knob is either side and try and prise the knob out from there.Once its out you need to hold it tight and pull it off the control switch. If the push in funcation has failed on there then you need to replace the knob. But if you doing the above doens get the knob out then im afraid you need to pull the oven out from the unit and make sure the power is turned off.Then remove the top panel and there you will be able to access the swithes.From there you will be able to see the control knob. Use a screwdriver and try and push the knob and again you will be able to replace it from there.But im afraid doing it this way will need the tools to do this as its a bit of a strip down. But try the 2 butter kinfes first and see if this pops them out. Regards
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. I have tried the above but no luck - well and truly stuck so I have someone coming out to sort it for me. Thank you.