How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 17408
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Daniel is online now

I have a Zanussi Tumbledryer Model TC7103W and it has worked

This answer was rated:

I have a Zanussi Tumbledryer Model TC7103W and it has worked very well for some time. I now find that the condenser tank (N4) has suddenly started to fail to function. The condensed water should run down the blue flexible pipe into the tank but it has stopped doing this. When the indicator says that the tank should be emptied, we take the tank out and the water, which is still in the pipe instead of having run into the tank, runs out onto the floor. I have checked the Flange (Part 12583070) and it looks fine. The sprung valve moves in and out OK and the sealing rings are fine. BUT my question is: should htere be some small fitment in the pipe outlet where the flange is inserted that should push the sprung valve open to let the water in while the tank is in place? There is nothing there - just the opening into which the flange is inserted. By taking the flange off the tank and inserting it into the outlet I can see clearly that the sprung valve is no opening when the flange nozzle is inserted into the outlet, as there is nothing there to push it open! Does this mean that something has fallen out without our noticing, and needs to be replaced?
Thanks for any help you can give.
Best regards.
Hi I dont suppose you could post a picture of the back of the water bottle and a picture of the part were the wateer bottle locks into under the dryer so i can see how it is? Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
More than happy to send you some pictures. I have them ready. But I will need an e-mail address to which to send them.Regards. Patrick.
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I was offline yesterday. You can just uploaded the pictures on here. Just click on the paper clip icon on the tool bar were you write on and you can upload them stright here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Daniel. I'm quite unable to find the paper-clip icon with which I would normally attach the pictures. Where should it be?Kindest.Patrick.
Ok there may be an issue on the tool bar on your end on this site as if it was there you will see it stright away. But what you can do is upload the pictures to this website click hereAnd then paste the weblink on here for me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Daniel. I've been messing around with this for ages now. I cannot make it work and it's becoming a real bore.Can't you just send me an e-mail address to which I can forward the pictures? They're all in an e-mail form already, and it would take me just a second to do this and you would have them.Please regard this message as whatever promise you need from me that I will NOT abuse the system. I simply have not got time to go one messing about lie this, and I'm quite sure you would like to finish the matter.Kind regards. Patrikc.
No worries mate send it to me then at***@******.*** and hopefully I will get them.
Thanks for the pictures I've got them now.I can see what the problem is straight away. It's the valve which the water bottle pushes into that's faulty. The bottle and the vale on the bottle are fine.
If you look at the 3rd picture you sent me which is the part under the dryer that's he valve at fault. The Spring and seal is missing which happens all the time.You need to replace that part under there to fix this. It's just held in with them 2 screws you can see.If you have trouble finding the new part let me know and when I get back later I can find it for you. As I'm just out on the road at moment.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Daniel. Not sure whether I sent that answer properly. Trying again: you have confirmed my original suspicion. If you can possibly let me have the name of a parts supplier, and the name and number of the part required, I'll order it from them.Thank you so much for all your help. Much appreciated.Kind regards. Patrick.
Hi Patrick Im back now so for the part click here as you can get it from Amazon. Or if you want just the part number its *********** but from amazon its about £13 including the postage from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear *****iel,Thanks again for all the trouble you're taking. Sorry for the further bother, but I think you have sent me the wrong Part Number. The *********** is actually the reservoir flange itself, that is perfectly OK on my machine. As you wrote previously, the defective part is the part that the flange plugs into, but I can't find it in the Amazon List. Can you help once more please?Kind regards.Patrick.
Thats the correct part i mean. Looking at the picture you posted the center part is missing off the flange as its very common on these. So order that part and that will cure it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks again Daniel. BUT my difficulty is that in your 12.56 message (above) you said that "it's the valve that the bottle pushes into that's faulty, the bottle and the valve on the bottle are fine". The valve on the bottle (which you say is fine) is part # ***** and so I can't need to replace that! You also said that "it's the part under the dryer that's the valve at fault" and that "I need to replace it. It's just held in by the 2 screws that you can see". I'm sure you're right - that's the part that's faulty but it's not the Part Number you've given me. I can't find it that, and I don't know what it's called. I guess I can simply take the part under the dryer out and photograph it and send it to you?Or am I missing a trick here? Are the two parts the same - one on the bottle and one under the machine and they lock together somehow?Really sorry to keep on at you. I'm sure we can crack this soon!Kindest. Patrick.
The part number that i posted *********** is not the water bottle valve. That part number is ***** part you need which sits under the dryer at the back which the valve on the water bottle pushes onto. The valves are a bit like each other as the lock into each when inserted together but i can assure you that part number is ***** valve for the bottom and not the one on the bottle Click here to see the part from another suppiler The water bottle valve is U shaped and as you can see the part number ive given you is different.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks so much Daniel. Sorry to have doubted you. Upon re-inspecting it I have now order it and will await it for a few days. I'll come back to you as soon as I've re-fitted it.Kind regards. Patrick.
No worries patrick, Im sure that will sort the fault out so will await to hear from you when you fit the part.
Hi Just wondering how you got on with the dryer as the question is still open? Regards
Daniel and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you