Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Siemans fridge freezer (9 years old and never a problem). The

I have a Siemans fridge freezer (9 years old and never a problem).
The freezer temperature has plummeted to 0 and the divider strip is very, very hot.
Fridge section working ok. I have contacted a local engineer but he hasn't returned my call as yet. I've emptied the freezer as I fortunately have another small freezer.
Can you give me the model number please - Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
KG30U625GB/O3
Thanks - whilst I have a look at the specs, does yours have a super freeze button, can you hear the motor (compressor) running at the back and is the light on inside?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes to both.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, yes it has a super freeze button which we've tried but hasn't made any dfference
OK if you go around the back and put your hand on the compressor (motor) is it cold or hot and can you hear it running?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's running and it's hot.
OK this bit is improtant - is it warm or hot to the touch?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's hot. My son's looking at it at the moment.
OK if it is hot this indicates that there is either a shortage of refrigerant, the compressor is failing or you have had it switched on super freeze too long. Can you see a black grid on the back of the appliance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Having trouble with computer, keeps freezing! Not prepared to pay any more for advice.
Give me your number
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
***********
OK I hope that was helpful - would you now kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page. Thanks you for using JA and have a good weekend - Ian